Romantic/Love/Dating scams involve scammers making you think they are your dream partner to try to make you pay money for them, and/or try to get your personal details to abuse or sell.
Romantic/Love/Dating scams can get to you by e-mail or through website ads and classifieds or dating sites.
Possible signs of a Romantic/Love/Dating scam:
- You’ve been contacted unexpected / You have no prior relation with that person or mentioned datingsite.
- They ask for money! (Before you will ever see the person.)
- If it’s too good to be true, it usually is.
- If they seem a little too eager to be your partner.
- Unprofessional written messages and/or spelling mistakes / poor English.
- E.g. Why would they really search for love by sending spam e-mail
- Their social media profiles are ‘new’ with very little stuff on it, except maybe for some sexy photos.
If you’re not sure if it’s real, search for the headline or Dating organisation name on this site and in Google. See some Dating scam examples on this website!
More information about Romantic/Love/Dating scams: